WHAT IS INITIAL TRAINING?
Any employee involved in the Shipping, Handling, Transporting and Storage industries MUST receive Initial Dangerous Goods Training – Initial training is for anyone who has not received previous training or for employees whose previous training certificate has expired.
WHAT IS REVALIDATION TRAINING?
Revalidation (or Refresher) training MUST take place every 2 years (Dangerous Goods by Air) or 3 years on all other courses. You can only undertake revalidation courses if you have undertaken the Initial course previously within the past 2 (Air) or 3 years.
The prerequisites are:
- You MUST have received previous Dangerous Goods Training within the previous 2 (Air) or 3 years
- You MUST have (and be able to supply a copy of) a current/valid previous training certificate
- If your previous training certificate has expired, it is mandatory that you attend INITIAL TRAINING instead
- You may attend a REVALIDATION course up to 3 months prior to the expiration date (i.e. XXX trained on October 15th 2012 - certificate expires on October 15th 2014). If XXX decided to train prior to the expiration date i.e. July 15th 2014, the new certificate would still be valid until October 15th 2014.
AM I REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE DANGEROUS GOODS TRAINING?
Please check the information on our page Who NeedsTraining? for the categories of employees who are required to undertake it. If you fall into any of these categories, you are required not only to undertake Initial training, but to complete Revalidation courses within 2 years (Air) or 3 years.
ARE THE COURSES CERTIFIED AND RECOGNIZED IN THE UNITED STATES?
All of our course offerings comply with International and United States DOT Regulations hazardous materials training requirements. The Department of Transport DO NOT approve training companies.
There are no requirements to undertake training with an IATA Endorsed Training Company, however we have Government Approvals which maintains strict mandatory requirements placed on Training Companies and are based on the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) and IATA regulations and the IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods) regulations.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “ONLINE” AND “LIVE ONLINE” TRAINING?
Some companies offer online training which can be completed at any time. Our courses are live, and operate in real-time, with a real person at the other end who you can interact with and talk to.
WHAT IS A “WEBINAR”?
A webinar is a live interactive online conference between the student(s) and the trainer.
WHAT IS A “GROUP WEBINAR”?
Our ‘group webinars’ are designed for companies with a group of employees in need of hazmat or dangerous goods training. They are limited to employees of one company but may include participants from multiple locations.
DO YOU OFFER COURSES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED?
Please contact us if you have any specific requirements, or to find out about new courses coming up.
WHAT DO THE SYMBOLS MEAN?
|Self paced web based online training|
|Live online training with an instructor, or 'webinars'|
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR TRAINING MULTIPLE EMPLOYEES?
Yes we do. Please fill out the Online Group Training Form to receive a customised quote.
ARE PRICES IN US DOLLARS?
Dangerous Goods Training International and Dangerous Goods Training Australia are businesses registered in Australia. Our prices on our USA website are in US dollars (USD)
I PURCHASED TRAINING FROM THE WEBSITE – WHAT NEXT?
Once you have purchased training for a particular date and/or location, we will register you in the relevant training course. We will then forward you an email with separate links for each of the training days. Simply click on the appropriate link for each of the days of training and follow the instructions.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THE TRAINING?
Yes, students are required to supply their own copy of the appropriate regulations manual for the training (to order your copy of these please visit our Resources page for relevant links).
- for Dangerous Goods by Air courses you will need to supply your own copy of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations 2018 - 59th Edition
- For Dangerous Goods by Sea courses you will need to supply your own copy of the IMDG - Dangerous Goods Regulations - Volumes 1 & 2 - 2016 Edition (+ 2014 supplement if you are responsible for loading/unloading of vehicles/containers)
- For Dangerous Goods by Road, Rail and Air - United States Domestic Shipping DOT 49CFR Multi-Modal courses you will need to supply your own copy of the 49 CFR Parts 100-185 Hazardous Materials
- For Multi-Modal courses you will need to supply your own copies of all of the above
Dangerous Goods Training USA will supply workbooks, worksheets and exams.
For ONLINE training you will need
- Internet connection
- Photo ID (needs to be scanned and emailed to us prior to training)
- EITHER desktop computer + microphone + headset (or computer + phone line to call free number)
- OR laptop + microphone + headset (or laptop + phone line to call free number)
Also if you wish to undertake Revalidation training, please check the requirements (refer FAQ #2)